Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Five Months and Preschool


Lucy is 5 months old! The months continue to fly by and we fall more and more in love with our sweet little girl everyday.  I know I'm biased, but I think she just keeps getting cuter!  She has become a huge flirt lately giving big, goofy smiles to anyone who makes eye contact with her.  I love that she often initiates a smile with strangers and waits for them to look at her and smile back.  She is very social and likes to see what's going on.  She gets grumpy if she's in her carseat or stroller and can't look around as much as she wants to, but is happy being held and played with.
  Just a few recent pictures from the last month...
First ride in the big girl cart at Target...
 Becoming a side/tummy sleeper...
 Still having awesome blow outs every once in awhile...





Ella has had a lot of "firsts" in the last few weeks - the biggest of which was starting drop-off preschool!  I am so thankful she LOVES it.  She is in the Sunbeams class at Glory Days Preschool and we couldn't be happier with her teachers and sweet classmates.  She goes two mornings a week and is usually the last one out the door at pick up because she wants to stay longer!  The report from her teacher after her first day was that "she was a star!"  Even though I knew she would love it, it's so nice to hear it from her teacher.  The first day I went with her to meet the teachers and other kids/parents, but we treated it like the "first day of school".

I seriously can't believe how much she's changed since September of last year when she started preschool at the co-op.  She was such a baby!!
Fall 2012/Fall 2013...





 At preschool the first day...


Her first "solo" day she got to bring a stuffed animal to school and chose to bring her bear "Honey"...

 Her cute little class! (pictures sent by her teacher)

I love that her school sends a children's Bible home with each child the second week of school.  She was so excited to show it to me.  The kids listen to Bible stories every week at school and the teachers send home the page numbers to parents so we can talk about the stories she's read at home as well.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment