Thursday, September 26, 2013

Ella's Princess Party


Originally, Ella wasn't going to have a birthday party at all this year.  Or at least she was going to have just a small family party.  After all, her big birthday present was a trip to Disneyland to celebrate a few weeks before her actual birthday.  But I've known since we first found out that Ella was a girl that someday I would get to throw her a princess party, and I looked forward to that day.  With Ella being sooo into princesses right now, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw her a party I knew she would love.  Who knows if next year she will be into princesses as much or if Lucy will ever be into princesses as much as Ella is.  So this seemed like the ideal time and I decided to go for it.  I do love having a party to throw!  Thankfully Cody understands that this is sort of my "creative outlet" and is pretty supportive of my "visions".  Ella was very specific about who she wanted at her party and we ended up with 40+ guests. She is one very loved little girl!  Thank you to everyone who came!

Princesses can be tricky.  Ella is obsessed with the Disney princesses and all she wanted was a "princess party".  I knew I wanted to incorporate all the princesses from Disney into the design of the party but didn’t necessarily want the character/cartoon images of the princesses all over the place.  I'm sure people have done a cartoon Disney princess party tastefully, but I just wasn't sure how to go about it.  So I went with the focus mostly on the "dresses" with a pink and purple theme and we included all the princesses that Ella loves (she doesn't have just one favorite!).  I had so much fun finding princess related food that both kids and adults could enjoy and coming up with stations for all the kids so that they would all find something they enjoyed doing.  We made it a princess and knight party so that the boys would have something fun to do as well.  Ella's Auntie Emily made the party perfect by dressing up as Cinderella, which was a surprise for Ella on the day of the party.  Thank you Emily for making a memory for Ella (and I'm sure other guests!) that she won't soon forget!  We're pretty sure that Ella has no idea that Emily was Cinderella :).  Ella told us that Cinderella must have remembered her from Disneyland and wanted to come to her party...she was in awe of her special guest and hasn't stopped talking about Cinderella.

Her invitation...




The stations we had set up for the party guests...
{Story Time}




 {The Royal Ball}

{Tattoo Parlor}

 {Dress Up} 
This was a huge hit with the little guests! So much fun seeing the kids try on different dresses throughout the party.  Thank you to EllaMenoPea for making the darling dress rack!







{Pin the Kiss on the Frog}
 
Frog prince cut-out also by EllaMenoPea...

 {Decorate...Crowns, Wands, Shields}



  The food...
"Royal Chocolate", "Regal Vanilla", and "Noble Lemon" cupcakes



 "Sleeping Beauty's Magic Kisses"
 "Cinderella's Carriage" and "Knight's Skewers"

 "Snow White's Apples"
 "Princess Pasta Salad"
 "Ariel's Fishy Friends"

 "Majestic Water"
 "Sparkling Juice Beverages"





 We also had "Sir Jimmy John's Sandwiches" and "Tiana's Mardi Gras Popcorn" but somehow we didn't get pictures of those.

The surprise guest, Cinderella...


 









 So excited about her cupcakes...




Opening gifts...



 Lucy's little buddies - Dempsey, Hudson, and James
 Family...



So special to have my whole family together - my parents flew up from Turlock and David and Emily drove up from Eugene...
So fun to have Grammy and Uncle Beau come over from Ephrata...



Happy Birthday Ella! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment