One of my favorite things about this time of year is family traditions. For as long as I can remember, my family has always had the tradition of cutting down our Christmas tree from a tree farm the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love the memories I have of spending time with my family during our Christmas tree outings! I plan to continue the tradition with my family, so it was very special to start it with Ella this year. The day after Thanksgiving we headed out to Trinity Tree farm with my parents, my brother Tom, and his girlfriend Liz.
Me and my sweet girl...she was nice and cozy in the Ergo baby so she slept most of the time!
My dad and Cody getting ready to saw down their tree...
In front of our chosen tree...
The traditional "sawing down the tree" picture...
Trinity Tree farm...
Cody carrying our tree to the car...
Daddy and his girl...
Ella all tuckered out from the big outing...
I love how our house looks decorated for Christmas! Ella got in the Christmas spirit as we were decorating the tree in her reindeer jammies...
Ella's first ornament...
And her cute stocking...
We're going to enjoy the fact that Ella just enjoys looking at the lights on the tree and can't get into anything this year. I'm sure next year she'll be running around and we'll be baby proofing like crazy! :)
Okay, LOVE the picture of Ella being held up by her first ornament and LOVE the picture of her stocking. What perfect pictures to remember these days by.
ReplyDeleteyea! the white stocking looks great.:) i love your family tree tradition, you know, it is you who made me want to start that with our boys.:)
ReplyDeleteHer stocking is adorable! I love this tradition that you do... will definitely have to copy you when we have kids :). Ella looks so cute and snuggly in her pink outfit!
ReplyDelete