Monday, November 1, 2010

Monkey Business

Is there anything cuter than a baby in a warm, fuzzy Halloween costume? Ella enjoyed her first Halloween dressed as a little monkey.  Although I'm pretty sure she didn't enjoy any of it as she basically slept through most of the Halloween festivities - almost every picture we have of her in her costume she's sound asleep!  Here are a few pictures I managed to take while she was still awake and happy...



 Really mom? More pictures?  Get me out of this monkey suit!
I have to admit I was happy to have a baby to dress up instead of thinking about a costume for myself this year...our first grade team always dresses up in elaborate themed costumes (they were darling as the Toy Story characters this year).  Instead of dressing up, I enjoyed taking Ella to watch Discovery Elementary's costume parade and our class party.  I didn't get any pictures while we were there, but the kids all loved seeing her in her little costume.  We then went to visit Cody at his office for their work party.  
Here is Ella and her dad at his office...

It was fun seeing lots of kids running around their office! We attempted to take a picture of all the babies in costumes - Nate the rooster, Piper the pumpkin, Ella the monkey, Soren the football player, and Sophie the monkey.
 Ella and her buddy Nate
 The three musketeers - Nate, Ella and Sophie
Our friends and neighbors Kate and Kevin brought Finn over to go trick-or-treating.  Here are Kate and I with our little monkeys!

 Clearly Ella was exhausted after all the Halloween festivities...
I'm sure Lily was happy that I had Ella to dress up this year instead of torturing her by putting her in a costume.  I did manage to get Lily's bee costume on her for a little while, but I don't think she was very happy about it!






2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness---ella is the cutest little monkey ever! what a great 1st halloween for her :) so cute with all of her friends, too--nate is an adorable chicken :) glad you guys had such a fun halloween!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i just want to squeeze her.:) the pictures of all the babies together are so fun! it is so fun to dress them up, and i have a feeling, the days of us picking their costumes won't last for long!:)

    ReplyDelete