Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sugar 'n Spice...

...and everything nice.  That's what little girls {and my beautiful shower!} are made of.  The parents of some of my favorite former students threw me the loveliest baby shower!  When I started working at Discovery Elementary four years ago, I never imagined I would meet such amazing families who have been such a huge part of my life.  A lot of these parents had their kids in the first class I taught at Discovery, which I had the privilege of teaching for two years as I looped with them from first to second grade.  Most of them came to our wedding two years ago, and they have continued to be a very special part of mine and Cody's lives.  It's hard for me to believe that the kids I had as little first graders are now going into fifth grade!  I've loved watching them grow up before my eyes and feel so fortunate to know their amazing parents. 
The shower was a "mom and daughter" occasion, and it was so special to have these girls there!
The incredible hostesses and I - Jen, Jill, and Susan...
I loved all the amazing and adorable decor!
Enjoying some delicious food...
These adorable cupcakes not only looked AMAZING, but also tasted so yummy!
Opening gifts, including this very cute matching raincoat and hat that my mom made!
 I couldn't believe it when the girls surprised me with the most wonderful gift from the group...the carseat/stroller travel system we had registered for filled with books!  We are now officially ready to bring baby home from the hospital! :)
It took quite a few of us awhile to figure out how to collapse the stroller...until Athena got out the instruction manual!  I hope I'll have it down by the time the baby arrives! 
The very cute pink candle favors...
I was very touched when they gave me this beautiful box filled with advice and well wishes everyone had written for baby and I.  I loved reading through the notes and will be following their very special advice!
Cody brought Blake (whose mom Jill hosted the shower at her house) back to his house after stopping by his football practice.  The girls had picked out a cupcake to save just for Cody :).
I had to include this cute picture of Blake helping his mom set up for the party...such a sweetheart!
Cody and I feel very lucky to be part of such an amazing community.  We love spending time with the kids and their parents and feel so blessed to have them in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. fun fun! i'm so glad that they got you your carseat and stroller! i love the picture of blake helping set up!:) so nice to have so many families from your school that love you!!:)

    ReplyDelete