Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunriver

 One of my family's favorite vacation spots growing up was Sunriver, Oregon - just outside of Bend.  The last time Cody and I were there was right after our honeymoon just about two years ago!  My parents were kind enough to let us come stay with them in their beautiful condo and we were able to overlap our trip with my brother David for a few days.  Most years, we do a lot of bicycling as Sunriver is known for it's bike paths.  My doctor advised me that it probably wasn't the best idea for me to be on a bike this year, but we still had a great time.  My mom spoiled us as we woke up to coffee cake, pancakes, french toast, etc. every morning.  Cody, David and my dad golfed quite a bit and my mom and I enjoyed reading by the pool and doing some shopping.

We went on a hike around Todd Lake and got to enjoy some great views of Mt. Bachelor.
 Unfortunately the mosquitoes made the hike less enjoyable.  My attempt at keeping them away with the "Off! Clip-On Repellent Fan" didn't do any good as I think I ended up with the most bites.  I later read that mosquitoes are more attracted to pregnant woman?! Just one more thing to endure! :)  Here is my Clip-On Fan - just so you know, it doesn't work as advertised!
We also drove up to Mt. Bachelor and took the chairlift to the top to enjoy some spectacular views and a picnic lunch.

Here we are before heading to dinner at the Pine Tavern in Bend...
Cody had some fun playing around with our camera and taking some pics of my ever growing belly (at 31 weeks). 
We're getting very excited to meet our little one soon!  It's fun to think that next summer, she'll be joining us on our vacations!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! I love your family's vacation traditions---so will your daughter :) Isn't Mt. Bachelor so pretty in the summer? We haven't been up there since Greta & Ryan's wedding :) Can't wait to see you---miss you!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunriver is so pretty! i want to go someday.:) and i LOVE the pics that cody took of you. can't wait to meet that little girl.:)

    ReplyDelete