Thursday, April 11, 2013

Surprise Class Baby Shower

My adorable first graders, their parents, and my teaching partner, Shea, planned and threw me such a sweet surprise baby shower!  I later found out that Shea had the kids plan most of it - each child was on a committee and planned their part...there were food, entertainment, games, gifts, and decorations committees.  So cute.  And impressive that they did it all on my non-teaching days without me knowing!  They even included big sister gifts for Ella.  She loves coming with me to my classroom and the kids are so sweet with her.  My favorite part, the entertainment included singing, piano playing, poetry reading, dancing, and joke telling by the kids...I took lots of cute pictures of them while performing, but tried not to include any close up pictures of the kids here for privacy reasons.   I have been so lucky this year to have such a great group of kids and parents.  It was hard to say good-bye to them on my last day before maternity leave.

Some of the food and decorations...




 Games included pin the diaper on the baby and the "poopy diaper" game where the kids had to identify the melted candy bar in each diaper - of course they thought it was hilarious :)...
Ella enjoying some cake...
 Opening gifts - my favorite book, Love You Forever signed by each student...


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is darling! I love how they helped to plan it :) What a sweet little surprise.

    ReplyDelete