Saturday, April 21, 2012

Potty!

Sorry if this is a gross blog post to some people, but I know all the other mamas reading will understand this new phase of dealing with the "potty" :).  I bought Ella an Elmo potty having no intention to potty train her yet, but just to get her used to sitting on a potty as she has been verbalizing when she goes in her diaper for awhile now.  She was pretty much obsessed with it the first day and we spent a good portion of the day "playing" with the potty.  I've done no reading or research on potty training yet, so I could be messing her up by introducing it to her now, but I was pleasantly surprised when she actually went tinkle in the potty the first day!  It's definitely not been a consistent thing since then, but here's to hoping that maybe her strong-willed nature and determination will work in our favor when we actually start potty training!

Trying to figure out how to sit on the potty!


 Evidence!

2 comments:

  1. That is so Kendall! She loves the potty and especially loves to be on hers when we use ours :) She's gone on it several times but not enough that we can even call it potty training yet. I figure this summer when we are home more and she can run around naked we'll start the real deal! Good luck and cheers to no diapers in the near-ish future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures in potty training! So fun! :)
    I cannot wait to see her in person soon, she is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete