While most babies reach the milestone of getting their first tooth between 4-6 months, we have been waiting and waiting for Ella to finally cut her first tooth. Every time she got a slight fever or was overly cranky, we would blame it on the possibility that she was "probably teething". Lo and behold those teeth never appeared and we began to question whether or not she even had teeth. Of course I looked up "babies with no teeth at 12 months" on the internet (bad idea, like usual) and read somewhere that 3% of children are actually born without teeth! I envisioned having to fit Ella for baby dentures in the next year or two, "Toddlers and Tiaras" style. We asked Ella's doctor about it at her one year appointment, and she assured us that we had nothing to worry about and that I should stay off the internet ;). Finally, at 13 1/2 months, I was fishing toilet paper out of Ella's mouth that she had found and was eating and I felt something sharp on my finger. We looked and saw her first little pearly white coming in! It was hard to get a picture of it until recently, but wanted to document a picture of her first tooth having made it's appearance. We've since noticed one more tooth coming in right next to it. Thankfully, she hasn't seemed to be affected by the teeth at all and we'll hope that continues. Congrats Ella on growing a tooth!

YAY Ella! What a great looking tooth :)
ReplyDelete