Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1st Father's Day

 Ella and her dad on Father's Day

Happy 1st Father's Day to my amazing husband and Ella's daddy.  She and I are so blessed to have him in our lives - we adore you babe!  It has been so fun for me to watch Cody and Ella together.  He clearly is in love with his little girl and she has him wrapped around her finger.  I love watching her smile and see her face light up when he gets home from work, hearing him read bedtime stories to her, seeing him do her laundry and fold her little ruffled clothes, hearing him say with excitement, "Good morning pretty!" when he gets her up from her crib, and just seeing how proud he is to have her as his daughter.  When I married Cody, I knew that he would one day make an amazing father as he is a natural kid-lover, but it melts by heart to now see him with his own child.  Ella is one blessed little girl to grow up with her daddy to look up to.

On Father's Day, Ella and I let Cody sleep in until 8:30am (a rarity these days - I used to think anything before 10:30am was getting up "early" - boy how times have changed), got pastries and coffee together, and then spent the afternoon with my family at my parents house.  We had plans to go out to dinner that evening, but after eating too much at my parents house, decided just to stay in and got Thai food after Ella went to bed.  Ella very thoughtfully got her dad a new iPad for Father's Day, but unfortunately it didn't arrive until the day after Father's Day :).
 A few sweet pictures of my two loves...


 Cody and I are so blessed to each have such a wonderful father in our lives!  Ella and her Grandpa Howell on Father's Day...
 Showing Uncle Tom her walking skills...

2 comments:

  1. Totally sweet! What a great dad :) Ella is one lucky little girl. And thanks for the reminder to get my post up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i have been trying to comment on your blog lately, and it hasn't been letting me! so, we will see if this one goes through. i love the pictures of cody and ella together. and, her white dress is too cute!

    ReplyDelete