Ella, Nate and Sophie at dinner
My birthday cupcake!
Sophie sporting her party wear
Me and my hubby
As previously mentioned, I returned to work this past week after 5 months off. I loved and cherished this time I had with Ella at home while on maternity leave. We are in a good routine of things at home by now so it actually felt like the right time to return to work. I had been mentally preparing for it for weeks, but when the time actually came, it was a lot harder than I expected. I am only working part time (Thursdays, Fridays and every other Wednesday) and we are lucky to have fabulous people watching Ella, so it really is an ideal situation. Ella will be in very good hands - she will be spending Fridays with my mom, Thursdays with Jill (I had Jill's son Blake as a 1st and 2nd grader and he is now a 5th grader! We love their family and have stayed close with them since Blake was my student) and every other Wednesday with Tricia (Cody got to know Tricia and her darling family when he helped coach her son's football team). We are so blessed to have these amazing women in our lives who want to spend time with our little peanut! Saying good-bye to Ella the first morning was hard and I definitely shed a few tears, but I can honestly say that I am so busy at work I hardly have time to think about it and the day flies by. It's certainly a big change being back with 22 six-year-olds a few days a week! After the first two days in the classroom, I already have a horrible head cold...ugh. I'm sure this transition will continue to get easier on me, but so far, it hasn't phased Ella and she seems to be doing great with the change.
Another fun transition that we experienced this last week was starting Ella on solid foods! We've only started her on rice cereal so far, but she seems to be into it! She made a few funny faces after the first few bites but overall seems to enjoy it - she is a girl who loves to eat!
Such a big girl sitting up and ready to eat in her high chair!
First bite
Not too sure at first...
Ready for more!
Success! Well sort of - I think more of it ended up on her face than in her mouth!
She has been loving eating and playing with her spoon - fruits and veggies are up next.
Check out her cute bib ;).
Check out her cute bib ;).
I'm so glad to hear you and Ella both survived the transition back to work. I know what you mean about your day being so busy that you don't even have much time to be sad...but it's always so rewarding to be reunited with your baby girl at the end of the day!
ReplyDeletePS That bib is perfect!
that bib is too cute! i love the pictures of ella trying out the cereal. such a big girl!:)
ReplyDeleteawww... super cute pictures of ella in her high chair! and yes, ditto meghan & carly---the bib is adorable!
ReplyDelete