Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bringing home baby...

It's sort of a surreal feeling to be discharged from the hospital and get to bring home your brand new baby.  We were more than ready to leave the hospital but when we actually got home Cody and I sort of looked at each other and said, "Now what?" :).  We looked at our beautiful little girl and knew that our lives at home would never be the same.  We have loved every second spent cuddling with Ella, letting her sleep in her scrunched up positions on our chests, listening to her coos, watching the funny faces she makes, changing numerous diapers, staying up in the middle of the night with our little night owl, taking LOTS of pictures of our little girl, and getting to know her personality even though she's just a little over a week old now.  Ella has also enjoyed her many visitors who have been so sweet to bring over meals and treats for Cody and I.  It has certainly made life easier for us as we're adjusting to life on Ella's schedule.
Here is Ella ready to head home from the hospital...
We came home to find this very cute banner hanging over our garage to welcome Ella home!  Our friend and neighbor, Kate, made this adorable sign and I haven't wanted to take it down since we've gotten home!
The cute cookies my mom made for our visitors to enjoy! :)
We have loved having our family and friends meet Ella!  Here is Ella with her great-grandfather (my grandpa).  My grandma also came to meet her great-granddaughter but we didn't get any pictures with her!
 My Aunt Gwen
Ella's grandparents and her mama
 My brother David has been traveling with the U of O football team as an athletic trainer, so he was in Arizona when Ella was born.  As soon as he got back, he drove up from Eugene to meet his niece! Here is Ella with her Uncle David...
 Grandpa Bob and Uncle David
 Uncle Beau, who drove over from Ephrata to meet his niece
 Brooke and I with Ella and Sophie.  Sophie is just about 2 months older than Ella.  I have no doubt they will have numerous play dates and be great friends!
 Jamie and Lisa
 Matt and Alison came over with their brand new addition, Nathan, to watch the Seahawks game.  Here are the dads and babes watching the game :). 
 An up close picture of the little cuties.  Nate is just 3 days older than Ella!  Their due dates were about 2 weeks apart so it's fun that they are so close in age.  It was so great going through my pregnancy with Brooke and Alison, and I know our little ones will love having playmates so close in age.
I'm bummed we didn't get pictures with everyone who visited, but we truly appreciate everyone who has come by to meet our little peanut.  Our love for Ella grows more and more each day...we are so blessed to have her in our lives!
 

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. seriously, the picture of ella and nathan is sooo cute.:) wish i was there to bring you guys a meal! love all the pictures and can't wait to see more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized after I left that we didn't get any pictures together! :( I will have to come visit Ella again soon and document it this time. Ditto to Carly---the pic of Ella & Nathan is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete