I wanted to take a minute and welcome our soon-to-be addition to the blog! We still can't believe a little boy will be joining our house full of pink, sparkles, dress up clothes, dolls, and all things girl. We have no doubt he will fit right in and bring his own touch of blue to our lives :). And he will certainly have two doting big sisters who may not ever leave him alone. I still have so much catching up to do on the month of October on the blog, but I'll get to that later. These days, naps seem to be my priority during the girls' naps/quiet time, so I haven't been nearly as productive as I'd like to be. But I keep reminding myself to savor this pregnancy as it will most likely be my last. I'm not someone who loves being pregnant but I'm trying to embrace it as I know it will fly by so fast and our little guy will be here before we know it!
In a way this pregnancy has felt very similar to my other two, but there have also been some noticeable differences. The biggest differences? I was more sick/nauseous during the first trimester this time around than with the girls and it lasted from about 6-12 weeks, all day, every day. I've had certain food aversions, such as lattes (my daily morning fix, decaf or regular) started tasting horrible, so it was easy to give those ups. Meat, especially raw meat, usually made me gag with the girls and hasn't been an issue with this pregnancy. And this time around I only had a tiny bit of spotting around week 7 and nothing since then. With both girls, I had quite a bit during the entire first trimester and was in and out of doctor's appointments and ER visits because of the spotting. Since the beginning of the second trimester, everything has been great, and besides being tired (all. the. time.), I've felt pretty well.
At our 20 week ultrasound, I was fully expecting to see another little
girl. When the technician showed us the boy parts and told us she was
99% sure it was a boy, I immediately started crying happy tears. Cody
was pretty sure all along this one was a boy, but I really had no idea! We kept Lucy busy on the ipad during the appointment so we could surprise both girls together. After picking Ella up after school, we stopped at a park and let the girls open the surprise box.
The girls were just a little excited...
Lucy's initial reaction - tears! She was hoping for a girl ;)...
And here's the video of the girls opening the box. I love that Lucy's reaction was so funny! She had been hoping for and talking about having a baby sister all along so was a bit shocked to see blue balloons and have Ella announce they were having a baby brother. Can't wait to show this to her and her little brother when they're older! Ella had thought we were having a girl too, but kept telling us she would be happy with a girl or boy...
No comments:
Post a Comment