It's no surprise that Ella insisted on being Elsa this year (along with 2 million other little girls!), and that her little sister be Anna. It's a good thing Lucy still goes along with all of Ella's ideas ;). My mom made the girls' dresses - AH-MAZING! I don't know how she did it, especially from a long ways away and with only a few "fittings" when we were with her. Ella couldn't wear her dress enough (she was thrilled she got to wear it to ballet class and preschool too), and I'm pretty sure she'll wear it a ton for dress up until she grows out of it. I found the girls' hats/hair on etsy to complete the outfits.
Costume dress rehearsal...
Costume dress rehearsal...
We are loving our new neighborhood and getting to know our neighbors. There are tons of kids in our neighborhood and everyone is really friendly so it was fun to see all the kids out in costumes. Cody and I took turns going trick or treating with the girls and staying home handing out candy to the 140 kids that came by. Lucy followed Ella's lead and quickly got the hang of trick or treating. She had no problem getting a candy and then walking into most of the houses ;). She also had no concept of waiting until the end of the night to choose something to eat and got frustrated when she couldn't unwrap the candy fast enough. Ready for trick or treating on Halloween, starting at our house first for practice...
Typical Lucy! Laughing and happy one minute, and then crying and frustrated the next...
Loving our neighbors who supplied us with "adult only" hot cocoa to warm up...
And this is how our night ended with some overly tired, sugar-high little girls...ha!
Loving our neighbors who supplied us with "adult only" hot cocoa to warm up...
And this is how our night ended with some overly tired, sugar-high little girls...ha!



Kevin and I call pictures like your last one "Reality Halloween." I feel like holidays always end like this with littles :)
ReplyDeleteThese are the most darling Anna and Elsa's I have ever seen! And that last picture is CLASSIC. I feel like it totally captures life with a toddler and a preschooler.
ReplyDelete