Three months old sounds like the first big milestone to me. It's half way to 6 months, and a quarter of the way to one year old. Time continues to fly by! Up until now, I've considered Lucy to be in that infant/newborn stage, but as of recently, she is definitely our little baby now. She didn't have a doctor's appointment this month, so we don't have new stats. I just wanted to document a few things and add a few recent pictures.
The day we got back from visiting my parents we moved her into her own room and she is now sleeping in her crib. After she is swaddled and fed, I can put her down in her crib awake or asleep and she'll go to sleep without crying. If she does wake up and cry, it's usually just for a moment because she wants a binky. But more often than not, if she wakes up in the middle of the night, she puts herself back to sleep without crying (I didn't know this kind of baby existed!). As of 11 weeks old, she has been sleeping 11 hours consistently at night, usually from 8:30pm-7:30am. I often have to go wake her up in the morning to get our day going. It's great that I now have somewhat of an evening after both girls go to bed.
Lucy takes cat naps throughout the day, usually in her bouncer, the carseat, or the ergobaby, depending on what we're doing. She gets one long nap in her crib in the afternoon at the same time that Ella takes her nap/has quiet time. I love that she is so easy going and is content sleeping on the go so we can still get out of the house and do stuff. I also love that both girls get a few hours of overlapping nap time so I have more time to get things done around the house in the afternoons.
She continues to be smiley and so happy! I love going to get her from her crib in the morning and being greeted with huge smiles. She loves "talking" and cooing to us and she gets the biggest grin when
she gets a response from someone. She's started making little giggly
sounds when she's really happy. Her "fussy" time is in the evening between 5-8pm, but it's really not that bad and she's usually pretty easy to soothe.
She is mostly wearing 3 months and 3-6 months clothes, although 6 month clothes aren't all that big on her.
We are so thankful Lucy is part of our family and we can't wait to see who she becomes!
First night in her own crib...
Love her little furrowed brow :)
"Help mom, I'm stuck"
With Grammy and Grampy at Snoqualmie Falls after a delicious brunch at Salish Lodge...
She has discovered her hands and constantly has them in her mouth...
Big morning smiles!
We had a get together with the Howell side of the family...here are the three Joye's - my grandma Joye, my cousin Julia Joye, and Lucy Joye. Love that my grandma is the only one on my side of the family that has blue eyes - Lucy must take after her!
Big girl sitting up in her Bumbo chair...
Reading stories with grandma while she was up visiting us...
Snuggling with grandma during Ella's soccer...
When Lucy was first born, most people said she looked just like Cody. As of the last month, more and more people have said she looks more like me. Like Ella, I think she's a pretty good combination of both of us :)...
Bethany...
Cody...
We had a get together with the Howell side of the family...here are the three Joye's - my grandma Joye, my cousin Julia Joye, and Lucy Joye. Love that my grandma is the only one on my side of the family that has blue eyes - Lucy must take after her!
Big girl sitting up in her Bumbo chair...
Reading stories with grandma while she was up visiting us...
Snuggling with grandma during Ella's soccer...
When Lucy was first born, most people said she looked just like Cody. As of the last month, more and more people have said she looks more like me. Like Ella, I think she's a pretty good combination of both of us :)...
Cody...



No comments:
Post a Comment