Time is already flying by! I can't believe Lucy is already a month old!
Lucy's one month stats:
Weight 10 lbs. 12 oz. - 86th percentile
Height 21.75 inches - 76th percentile
Head Circumference 15.5 inches - 100th percentile
Ella has settled into her role as a big sister and is truly the sweetest, best big sister we could imagine! She is so helpful in getting things we need, helping to change her sister's diapers, holding Lucy, and giving lots of hugs and kisses. I love that she runs into our room in the morning and looks for Lucy before even saying good morning to me. It has been so fun to see her affection with Lucy - we hope it lasts!
So far, Lucy has been a fairly "easy" baby (I feel like I might jinx it by talking about it!) - she seems to have a different temperament than Ella did as a baby, or maybe it's just that we're more relaxed this time around!? She cries (loudly) when she's hungry, but other than that is pretty calm and content for the most part. She's been waking up usually once during the middle of the night to eat and usually goes right back to sleep after eating. She's even had a few good 6+ hour stretches! She definitely likes to be held and her favorite sleeping position is on our chests. I think since she's our second child, we are appreciating the sweet snuggles and moments with Lucy more as we know how fast this newborn stage goes by. My favorite time of the day is nap time when the house is quiet, Ella is napping, Lucy is asleep on my chest, and most days I get to sneak in a little nap too.
Cody has been such an amazing daddy with his girls and has been so great as I've been recovering from my c-section. He was up with me for every feeding bringing Lucy to me at night as it was tough to get out of bed at first, has changed the majority of her diapers, and has taken each of the girls out on dates so I could get one-on-one time with the other one at home during the first few days.
Of course we went picture crazy after bringing Lucy home from the hospital and enjoyed our visits with friends and relatives. Lucy has already changed so much in the last month. Here are a few highlights and favorite pictures...
Cute welcome home sign from Kate!
Getting to meet Audrey and Tricia...
Lucy Joye with her Great Grandma Joye who she is named after...
Great Grandma and Great Grandpa...
Four generations...
First bath at home...

"I love my sis" matching shirts :)
Brand new! Gotta love her receding hair line :)...
A few days old...
One month...
6 month old Kaylee with Lucy - can't wait to see them grow up together!
Ahhhh to be a baby and sleep anywhere, in any position!
Lucy's favorite sleeping position...
Loved having Uncle David and Auntie Emily up here to meet Lucy!
So good to have Grandpa back in town for a weekend too!
Lucy's entertainment these days...

We took the below picture of Lucy after her first bath at home and it reminded me of one we took of Ella after one of her first baths. So far we don't think the girls look anything alike! Lucy is definitely her own little person.
Lucy:

Ella:
"I love my sis" matching shirts :)
Brand new! Gotta love her receding hair line :)...
A few days old...
One month...
6 month old Kaylee with Lucy - can't wait to see them grow up together!
Ahhhh to be a baby and sleep anywhere, in any position!
Lucy's favorite sleeping position...
Loved having Uncle David and Auntie Emily up here to meet Lucy!
So good to have Grandpa back in town for a weekend too!
Lucy's entertainment these days...
We took the below picture of Lucy after her first bath at home and it reminded me of one we took of Ella after one of her first baths. So far we don't think the girls look anything alike! Lucy is definitely her own little person.
Lucy:
Ella:
I don't know why I can't get over how different they look! They are both so adorable. Have I mentioned that I wish I was there and can't wait to meet her?;) Ahhh!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love Ella's bun. :)